Community initiatives to promote NEXA

about the actualization of information on CoinMarketCap

Introduction
As many people are aware, NEXA has problems with the up-to-date market information on CoinMarketCap Nexa price today, NEXA to USD live price, marketcap and chart | CoinMarketCap. The problem, first of all, is the incorrect display of the current offer. According to CMC it is 2,251,290,000,000,000 NEXA. However, the actual active supply, according to the official website or CoinGeko https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/nexa is close to 5 trillion. Why is this a problem?

• CoinMarketCap is the largest cryptocurrency monitoring resource.
  • Understated current supply leads to the display of incorrect capitalization.
  • On this site, the rating of projects is formed relative to the market capitalization.
    Thus, there is a situation when NEXA has a position in the rating about 200-300 points lower than it should be.

How can this be corrected?
Thanks to Endo we managed to find out that fixing this situation is a bit more complicated than expected. CoinMarketCap is requesting an amount of $5,000 to update the information. At the moment, the development team does not plan a budget to fix this situation. However, we, as part of the NEXA community, suggest crowdfunding to raise the necessary amount and show our strength and unity.

Is it necessary?
If you were looking for the short answer - yes.
We’ll tell you in more detail why it’s important:
Last time NEXA reached $19/m it managed to stay in the top 500 CMC projects for a while, but, left it pretty quickly. If we manage to shorten the distance to the desired top 500, then with the next slight increase, NEXA will reach this goal.
After that, we get:

• NEXA’s display of the Top500 filter on CMC.
  • Recommendation of NEXA by CMC algorithms as a fast-growing new project.
  • NEXA “in Trend” recommendations.
    Obviously, this will bring more attention to NEXA in the crypto community.
    NEXA’s Russian-speaking group is on board with this initiative and many of our members are ready to start donating as soon as crowdfunding for this purpose becomes available. In addition, taking into account the experience of past crowdfundings, we propose to create this fund with the possibility to donate both in Nexa and USDT to avoid price pressure on exchange stakes when selling Nexa to pay for targeted expenses
11 Likes

I support this proposal, but I’m concerned how long cmc will maintain updated stats. Will it be a one time thing, or is there a duration that the 5,000 would keep cmc maintaining updated stats?

3 Likes

Good idea, it will surely pay off in the future

3 Likes

Let’s make it done. :+1:

4 Likes

Great idea, I totally agree with it and am willing to support it!

3 Likes

I’m in! Let’s do it.

4 Likes

Seconded, let’s open up the truth for all to see

4 Likes

I agree with these initiatives. After discussions in private Telegram messages, we’ve decided that the community will apply to CoinMarketCap (CMC) once again. Once the applications have been submitted by the community and if no reply or updates are received, we will establish a crowdfunding address as requested and will participate in the execution of the proposal.

3 Likes